Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dinner/ Baked Acorn Squash

After two weeks of huge meals and endless treats, I'm craving rustic veggie dishes.  I'm talking 5 ingredients or less people.  So last night (after some tiring post-work shopping in Union Square) I was Brooklyn bound with a rotund little squash under one arm.

Photo and original recipe (see my modified version below*) from Whipped



- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance butter
- 2 tbsp Turbinado brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp caramel flavored simple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt

Directions: Halve the squash and remove seeds.  Mash softened butter, brown sugar and simple syrup . Coat the squash meat with mixture.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.

* I realize this recipe has more than 5 ingredients.  Since everything but the squash is a kitchen staple I'm going to say that it meets the rustic marker anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment