Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Houseguest Survival Kit

I've totally fallen in love with Apartment Therapy's "How to Make a Houseguest Welcome/ Survival Kit"!  A lot of these things I already do (hand-drawn maps, step by step Metro instructions, insider tips for snack stops, coffee breaks, neighborhoods to shops, sights to see, book stores to explore, parks to relax in, etc!)  I'm eager to admit though, that my assemblage looks far less artful than this one.  What else did I learn over there at A.T.?  Something I never thought to get for my dear guests, earplugs!  Just a few months ago my sisters lamented about the volume of street noise infiltrating my apartment.  I rarely notice it, but others definitely do!  When my parents venture east in a couple months to visit, a parcel such as this will await them!

1 comment:

  1. love it. but you already know how to make your guests fit in and live right in the nyc =)

    ReplyDelete