Monday, January 17, 2011

Mini-Donuts & the Enduring Mystery of Babycakes

Someone very sweet (who's heard the rehashing of, and witnessed firsthand, the misadventures of my vegan and gluten-free baking) gave me the wonderful gift of 'Babycakes'.  Inside the glorious bake book, Erin McKenna shares her sought after recipes.  She also kindly supplies guidance; advice for common pitfalls in vegan and gluten-free desert baking (I payed special attention to this section).

But, after reading through my main question was, "where are the baked mini-donuts?!!!"  Alas, the cookbook includes them not.  Sneaky temptress, that Erin!  I should've known better than to think that all the secrets to Babycakes would be revealed.  I will have to suffice with an internet supplied recipe.  If ingredient adaptions are necessary I'll run to 'Babycakes' for substitution advise.

And, as fourtune would have it, some additional inspiration fell into my lap.  Oogle worthy photos?  Oooh, yum.  A Wilton pan for baking?  Bookmarks- Amazon - One click purchase!

Photos from Such Pretty Things, found via Twig & Thistle

No comments:

Post a Comment